1. Because you’re doing something most people couldn’t do
It’s a challenge, and it’s really hard, but that’s why you’re here! You’ll be able to look back on it with pride.
2. You’re doing that’s never been done before
And contributing to the body of knowledge, even if in a small way.
3. You don’t have to search for a real job for a while
So if you don’t know what to do with your life, you have a nice buffer of a few years before making a decision.
4. You get to work with very smart people
You might only realise this if you leave academia, but there aren’t many places like universities for finding such a concentration of amazingly clever people.
5. You get to call yourself doctor when you finish
You also get to use the line, “trust me, I’m a doctor” at every opportunity.
What do you think? Leave your thoughts below!