- Do you worry about your level of English?
- Do you struggle to write well and communicate clearly?
- Have you had papers rejected on the basis of language?
If so, you are not alone!
English is an essential skill for almost all academics and PhD students. No matter how good your research is, your ability to communicate your work clearly and confidently in writing, in English, is often the limiting factor.
Make English your strength
Many PhD students, knowing that they have to write a thesis in English, do nothing but stress about it. Knowing that English is their weakness, they simply avoid the issue.
But if you embrace the challenge and decide to work on your English, you can turn that weakness, that limiting factor, into a strength. Instead of it being a burden, it can be a powerful tool to help you communicate your research.
English classes for academics
In partnership with LinguaTracks, we are now offering one-to-one English classes via Skype for PhD students and academics.
We'll connect you with a specialist, highly experienced academic English teacher who will develop a personalised curriculum to suit your level and your needs.
What do you get?
All our language courses start with an assessment of your current level and specific needs. You also get;
- One to one classes, tailor-made to suit your level and current needs
- Conversation sessions to boost and maintain your confidence with spoken English
- Writing assignments with a focus on academic communication
- Specialised tuition in academic style and register
- Vocabulary and syntax building exercises
Our tutors can also help you prepare for language examinations such as FCE, CAE, CPE, IELTS, TOEFL, BEC etc.
We teach our one to one classes via Skype, so wherever you are in the world you can get the tuition you need.
We currently offer 12 or 24 hour packages. Each session lasts one hour.
12 hours: €600
24 hours: €1100
How to apply
Simply fill in the form below and let us know about your current situation and needs. We'll get back to you to answer any questions you have and to pair you with a teacher.